Yummy. Nutella and marshmallow one too.
Dumplings, film and awards.
Impressed by Andrew McCollums rolling.
Interesting job opportunity that came across my inbox
Chief Technology Officer Job Description
In January 2012, veterans of The Onion, MoveOn, and Facebook are joining together to launch a viral media startup that will spread important, compelling ideas to hundreds of millions of people online and make being a progressive fun again. Our first round of funding is complete – now we need a great CTO to hit the ground running.
THE POSITION: CHIEF TECHNOLOGY OFFICER
We’re looking for a brilliant technologist with vision, great coding chops, strong people and recruitment skills, and the ability to work at light speed.
You’ll be part of a small core leadership team bringing a new kind of mission-driven, highly scalable media site into the world from scratch. You will determine how to build, integrate and scale technology for the company, starting in the “dollars are precious” pre-A-round era. And you’ll collaborate on product and business strategy with other C-level leaders on the team.
Among your responsibilities:
· Determine the core technologies and platforms for the site
· Manage organization structure and sequencing of team
· Make build/buy decisions
· Manage technology budget
· Help shape product
Bottom line, we believe that the media company of the future will be as much a tech company as an editorial process. We’re looking for a partner to realize that vision.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
If this describes you, let's talk:
· You’re eager to dive in and help build the first iteration of the product.
· You’ve built and scaled successful web products before
· You have experience across a variety of languages and data stores, and in building Agile teams
· You have Interest or experience in machine learning and analytics
· You love recruiting, managing, and building a great team – but you’re also not afraid to get your hands dirty and dive into the code yourself.
· You’re game to take as much off of the shelf as possible to scale the business quickly, build where it makes sense, and understand the trade-offs for each decision.
· You’re a clear, crisp communicator and decider.
· You’re creative, love a good challenge, and have a “we can build anything” mentality.
· You’ve got a good sense of humor – even (especially!) when the going gets tough.
· You want to build a product that users love and that makes a dent in the universe.
Anywhere in the U.S. -- we run a virtual office, and collaborate online. (If that stresses you out, apply anyway. We're very good at replicating the best parts of office life in a virtual setting.)
Competitive, with equity.
January, but flexible. No later than Feb 1, 2012.
Send a cover letter and a resume to ctojob[at]elipariser[dot]com. We're an equal opportunity employer.
In my research, I tracked the kata grills and what could be the oldest American fortune cookies still in existence (50 years old!) Now all donated to Smithsonian.
Same building as Constitution, Bill of Rights, Declaration of Independence!